Learn the basics of scuba diving and then use your newly acquired skills to explore a shallow coral reef teeming with marine life. You will receive instruction in a freshwater pool at the dive shop, where you will practice scuba techniques until you are comfortable enough to dive in the open sea. An instructor certified by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors will accompany you the entire time. During the dive, you can expect to see an abundance of marine life that may include sea turtles, sea cucumbers, crabs and an ever-changing array of brightly colored tropical fish. Starfish or sea stars are also commonly spotted at Casuarina Point Reef.
• Learn to scuba dive in a freshwater swimming pool.
• Dive in the company of a PADI-certified instructor.
• Observe an array of brightly colored fish and other marine creatures.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear a swimsuit under a cover-up and bring a towel.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.