Explore the natural side of Lifou on an inspiring driving tour along its sparsely inhabited northern shore, followed by a relaxing stop at a pristine beach that rims a lagoon. Along the way, you'll enjoy panoramic views of coral cliffs, turquoise seas and lush foliage, punctuated with splashes of brightly colored flowers. This is a true tropical paradise with little or no development, much like it has been for centuries. Still, you will drive through the island's administrative center of We on beautiful Châteaubriand Bay at the end of a sugar-white beach on the east coast. Nearby, you will find Luecila Beach, an unspoiled stretch of sand that ranks as one of Lifou's most picturesque and enjoyable as there are no resorts or shops to detract from the natural beauty. You will be free to do as you please there, whether it be swimming, beachcombing or simply relaxing in the shade of a coconut palm.
• Marvel at Lifou’s natural beauty on a panoramic drive along its undeveloped coast.
• Pass through the island’s administrative center of We on lovely Châteaubriand Bay.
• Spend free time relaxing on Luecila Beach, a serene stretch of sand near We.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.