Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Tailandia
Duration 3 Days/2 Nights
Experience the magnificent Angkor Wat, a temple complex in Cambodia, built for King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city. As the best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious center since its foundation – first Hindu, dedicated to the god Vishnu, then Buddhist. The temple has become a symbol of Cambodia, appearing on its national flag, and is the country's prime attraction for visitors.
• There is extensive walking at the temple sites, with steps at Bayon and Angkor Wat
• This program is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties or those who use a wheelchair
• Flight schedules are subject to change and thus the tour sequence may vary
• Vietnam multiple entry and Cambodian visas are included in the cost of this program
• Any guests travelling with Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) or CPAP breathing machines should read further below for airline stipulations with regards to bringing this equipment on tour
• One room is included in the per person single or double cost of this program and will be assigned for any bookings up to 2 guests regardless of cabin size on the ship. If additional bedding or rooms are required for this program, please contact Norwegian Cruise Line in advance of travel to request and price accordingly. Requests must be received at least 65 days before departure and confirmations will be based on availability at the time of request.
DAY 1 – January 21, 2022
Disembark in Bangkok and transfer to the airport for a flight to Siem Reap.
Upon arrival in Siem Reap you will be met by your guide who will collect your passports to obtain your Cambodian Visa. After claiming luggage, transfer to your hotel for check-in.
After some time to freshen up the group will proceed to a local restaurant for dinner accompanied by a traditional folkloric performance. After dinner return to your hotel for the evening.
DAY 2 – January 22, 2022
After a buffet breakfast at the hotel the group will drive to Angkor Wat.
You will have approximately 2 hours to explore its archaeological treasures with your guide who will point out the best spots for taking photos of this massive temple complex as you walk amidst the moss-peppered cobbled pathways, gaze up at the intricately carved tower tops and perhaps climb the steep and narrow temple steps that lead to wide courtyards. Lose yourself in contemplation as you catch the rays of the sun dancing off the bas relief carvings, the chatter of monkeys reverberating off the temple walls.
Next you will drive to Banteay Srei, the beautiful ‘Women’s Citadel’ located approximately 32km from Siem Reap. This is the last major Khmer temple to be re-discovered in Cambodia. Your morning of adventure will be followed by lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon you will visit the Angkor Thom complex which includes the Southern Gate of Angkor Thom and the famous Bayon Complex whose giant stone faces have become one of the most recognizable images connected to classic Khmer art and architecture. The curious smiling faces are said to be the representation of King Jayavarman VII, the creator of Bayon Temple. Finally, you will move on to the Elephants Terrace & Leper King.
Another highlight is a visit to Ta Prohm Temple, famous for its forest atmosphere with enormous fig trees. This temple looks just as it did when the first European explorer arrived. You may recognize it as it’s also the location of many scenes filmed for Angelina Jolie’s huge blockbuster movie, Tomb Raider.
Return to your hotel where the remainder of the evening is at your leisure and dinner is on your own.
DAY 3 – January 23, 2022
After breakfast and check out, the group will transfer to the Siem Reap Airport for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City. You will be met by our local ground operator in Vietnam and transferred to the ship with lunch and a tour of the city en-route.
After lunch you will head to the Museum of Vietnamese History for an inside visit. This museum showcases Vietnam's history with exhibits from all periods since the 10th Century.
Continue for a photo stop at the old Central Post Office which proudly showcases its colonial style on the outside and hides rare ancient maps decorated on the dome inside the building. Next to the Central Post Office is Notre Dame Church signaling strong Catholicism when the French occupied Vietnam at the end of 18th Century.
Next you will drive to Independence Palace for a photo stop outside the palace. This was the home and workplace of the President of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War.
Your Angkor Wat Adventure ends with a transfer to the port of Phu My where you will re-embark the ship.
Land Program Step by Step:
Please note: The order of sites visited may vary to avoid congestion. This program is subject to flight confirmations which are beyond our control. All program details including timings and any flights indicated below are approximate, given here for general reference purposes and subject to change. Final itineraries with the most up to date details will be provided by the Shore Excursion Team once you board the ship. Please review your final itinerary carefully for any amendments.
• 8:15am Disembark in Bangkok and transfer to the airport for check in
• 1:30pm Flight to Siem Reap (flight details TBA and subject to change)
• 2:45pm Arrival in Siem Reap, meet your guide, passports are collected for Cambodia Visa
• 3:00pm Transfer to your hotel to check-in
• 7:00pm Drive to a local restaurant for dinner with show
• 09:00 pm Return to your hotel
• Overnight at Treasure Oasis or similar Hotel
• 7:00am Buffet breakfast at your hotel
• 7:45am Transfer to the World Heritage Angkor Wat Temple
• 8:30am Visit Angkor Wat
• 10:20am Drive to Banteay Srei, the ‘Women’s Citadel’
• 11:00am Visit Banteay Srei
• 12:00pm Depart for lunch
• 1:00pm Lunch at a local restaurant
• 2:00pm Drive to the Angkor Thom Complex
• 2:30pm Visit the Southern Gate the Bayon complex, the Elephants Terrace & Leper King
• 3:30pm Depart for Ta Prohm
• 3:45pm Visit Ta Prohm Temple
• 4:45pm Return to your hotel – evening at leisure
• Dinner on your own
• Overnight at Treasure Oasis or similar hotel
• 7:00am Buffet breakfast at your hotel and check out
• 8:30am Transfer to the Siem Reap Airport
• 9:00am Check in for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City
• 10:30am Flight from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City (flight details TBA and subject to change)
• 1:00pm Drive to a local restaurant for lunch
• 1:15pm Lunch
• 2:00pm Drive to the History Museum
• 2:15pm Visit inside the museum
• 2:45pm Drive to Notre Dame Catholic church
• 2:50pm Photo stop at the church and the old central post office
• 3:05pm Continue to Independence Palace
• 3:10pm Photo stop outside the Palace
• 3:15pm Panoramic drive through downtown and to the port
• 4:30pm Re-embark the ship
Typically 30 – 35 C (80-90 F) with very little shade. It will be quite hot – dress comfortably and remember to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
What to Bring:
On this tour the key words are comfortable and casual. Remember you are visiting a foreign country and local dress codes should be observed. Please avoid uncovered shoulders, shorts or revealing clothing. Trousers or pants covering the knees are required to be worn when visiting Angkor Wat and Bayon Temple.
Bring a hat or a head covering for sun protection and don’t forget your sunscreen, sunglasses and bug spray (you should have mosquito repellent for sunrise and sunset hours). It’s also a good idea to bring along a small packet of tissues or wet wipes. It is also suggested that guests wear flat comfortable walking shoes (not sandals or open toed shoes / flip flops). Guests are requested to take-off their foot wear and hats when visiting religious sites.
Guests are encouraged to bring US Dollars with them as they are most commonly accepted in Cambodia. The local currency is the Cambodian Riel. You should take smaller denominations of US Dollars with you, as they will keep you from ending up with a lot of local change that you will not be able to re-exchange back home.
Rooms are equipped with 220-volt, two-pin US style electrical outlets. We recommend travelling with your own adaptor kits if required should you have electronic devices.
Light luggage would be most suited for this 2-night trip. Please note that the airlines allow a maximum of 1 checked suitcase (20 kg or 44lbs) and one small carry on. Any additional pieces or overweight luggage will be paid to the airline at the guests’ expense when checking in.
Carriage of Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) or CPAP breathing machines on internal flights per airline regulations (subject to change as each airline has their own regulations)
- Guests must obtain a Doctor’s Certificate mentioning their medical condition and the need to carry this equipment with them on their flights.
- The certificate should have attached a picture of the equipment with its description/specifications especially with regards to the type of batteries used (lithium/dry or any other type)
- These documents need to be sent to the Cruisetours Team via Reservations at NCL at least one month prior to travel so that our local operator can begin the notification process with the airline(s).
- Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in a denial of this equipment at the airport for which NCL nor our local ground operator be responsible for.
Passports are required to be brought with you on this trip
Treasure Oasis Hotel Sangkat Svay Dangkum, NR6, Krong Siem Reap
*We will only substitute hotels in unforeseen situations. If similar hotels are substituted, they will be of equal ratings and standards and guests will be notified accordingly ahead of time of any changes. If guests are not notified of any changes in advance of travel, then the hotel listed will be used.
• 2 nights at Treasure Oasis in Siem Reap or similar hotel – Standard room
• Two breakfasts
• Two lunches and one dinner including one local beer or one mineral water or one soft drink
• Transfers and sightseeing as indicated in the itinerary using air-conditioned buses
• Snack bars (day 2) and bottled water will be provided on the buses
• English-speaking guide
• One day pass for the Angkor complex
• Sightseeing in Ho Chi Minh City
• Sightseeing in Siem Reap
• Economy class flights between Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam – direct flights not guaranteed
• Vietnam multiple entry visa upon arrival into Phu My
• Cambodian visa upon arrival in Siem Reap
One room is included in the per person single or double cost of this program and will be assigned for any bookings up to 2 guests regardless of cabin size on the ship. If additional bedding or rooms are required for this program, please contact Norwegian Cruise Line in advance of travel to request and price accordingly. Requests must be received at least 65 days before departure and confirmations will be based on availability at the time of request.
Program Excludes for guests:
• Gratuities to drivers and guides
• Hotel incidentals including mini bar and room service
• Any meals and beverages not listed above
• Excess or overweight luggage fees
- Adultos desde: $1,399.00 USD
- Niños desde: $1,399.00 USD