Go Green-The Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Centre
Atenas (El Pireo), Grecia
Duración 3 hs.
Watch injured and ill sea turtles being rehabilitated at Archelon, an organization that monitors, rescues and cares for sea turtles and their habitats. Many of the sea turtles at the facility are loggerheads, the most common turtle species in the Mediterranean. Even so, their numbers are dwindling because their nesting beaches are being lost and the turtles are accidently being caught in fishing nets. As you tour Archelon’s sea turtle rehabilitation center, you can expect to see injured turtles being treated in hopes of releasing them back into the wild one day. The organization also aims to educate the public to better understand the region’s marine biodiversity, the impact of pollution on all wildlife and the importance of sustainable practices. You might also learn how satellites are used to track loggerhead turtles as they migrate to and from their nesting sites in the Mediterranean.
• Visit a marine rehabilitation center that cares for injured and sick sea turtles.
• See how turtles such as loggerheads are treated so they can be released back into the wild.
• Gain insight into the value of sustainable practices and how pollution impacts sea turtles.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adultos desde: $119.00 USD
- Niños desde: $109.00 USD