Which Cruise Cabin is Right for You?
No matter your destination or the length of your cruise, one of the most exciting steps in booking your Vacaciones En Crucero with Norwegian is choosing your stateroom. Since the prices and accommodations vary depending on the cabin size you select, you have several factors to consider. Here's everything you need to know to choose the right cruise stateroom for you.
Norwegian’s Cruise Accommodations
Norwegian offers the following alojamiento en el crucero across their award-winning fleet:
- Studios — 100 square feet, sleeps one
- Insides — 142 square feet, sleeps up to four
- Oceanviews — 161 square feet, sleeps up to five
- Balconies — 205 square feet, sleeps up to four
- Family Balconies — 216 square feet, sleeps up to four
- Mini-Suites — 285 square feet, sleeps up to four
- Penthouses — up to 880 square feet, sleeps up to four or six
- Family Suites — up to 650 square feet, sleeps up to five or six
- Owner's Suites — up to 1,382 square feet, sleeps up to five or six
- 3-Bedroom Garden Villa — 6,694 square feet, sleeps up to seven
- Concierge Class — 338-561 square feet, sleeps two to six, depending on room type
Keep in mind that the square footage and capacity of staterooms may vary from cruise ship to cruise ship, so your room's size may not match the above numbers exactly. Also, not all room types are available on every ship, and layouts may vary. Up to four types of Penthouse staterooms are available, for instance, as well as three kinds of Family Suites.
Clase Concierge is unique to Norwegian Joy, with four types of accommodations available: Family Suite with Balcony, Penthouse with Balcony, Villa Suite with Balcony, and Family Inside. All are spacious and well-appointed, with exclusive perks like private dining, priority embarkation and disembarkation, and a dedicated 24/7 concierge service.
In addition to the rooms listed above, a few Norwegian’s cruise ships also offer spa staterooms. These special rooms feature tranquil decor, a luxury bathroom, easy access to the ship's Mandara Spa, and free access to the Thermal Spa Suites. Both Mini-Suite and Balcony options are available on Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Escape, and Breakaway Class ships.
How to Choose Your Stateroom
Now that you know what your options are, it's time to decide what matters most to you. Answer the following questions to help you choose the right cabin size:
- How much are you willing to pay? Price may be the most limiting factor. In general, the coziest rooms will also be the most affordable. That size-cost tradeoff can be especially worthwhile for those who don't plan to spend much time in their room. Alternatively, you can take advantage of our Sail Away rates to save money on a larger room with an obstructed view.
- How many people are in your party? You may also be limited by how many people need to share your room. A family of five, for instance, will only fit in certain Penthouses, Oceanviews, or Suites. Studios, meanwhile, are specially designed for solo cruisers.
- How much space do you need? Of course, size also matters — especially if you want your room to be more than a place to sleep. If you want room to lounge around, consider a Mini-Suite, Penthouse, or Suite. Otherwise, opt for the smallest room that can accommodate your party.
- How important is the view? As their names suggest, Oceanview staterooms offer windows overlooking the ocean, while Balcony staterooms feature their own private balconies. An Aft- or Forward-Facing Penthouse will give you an especially good view. However, if the view doesn't matter to you, you can save money by booking an Inside Stateroom.
- What amenities do you care most about? Think about who you're traveling with and what you plan to do during the cruise. Families with kids, for instance, may prefer the convenient location of Family Balconies, which put you near the pool and youth program, versus other Balcony staterooms. You may also want to book a room near certain restaurants, the ship's entertainment venues, or the spa.
The Haven by Norwegian
For the ultimate in cruise line luxury, you can upgrade to accommodations in The Haven, a private enclave at the top of the ship.
Guests of The Haven have access to several exclusive amenities, including The Haven Restaurant and The Haven Lounge. The private sundeck and courtyard are staffed by an attendant, and guests will have their own 24-hour butler. Concierge services, priority dining and entertainment reservations, and evening turndown service are available. Rooms feature luxury bedding and toiletries, a mini-bar, and a deluxe coffee maker. Haven guests even receive exclusive breakfast, lunch, and cocktail party invitations.
Best of all, you'll get to enjoy these first-class amenities while staying in one of the most spacious staterooms barcos de Norwegian Cruise Line have to offer. Haven Guests can choose from the following room types:
- Spa Suite with Balcony — 378 square feet, sleeps up to two
- Deluxe Spa Suite with Balcony — 309 square feet, sleeps up to four
- Forward-Facing Penthouse — 451 square feet, sleeps up to four
- Aft-Facing Penthouse — 655 square feet, sleeps up to four
- Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony — 440 square feet, sleeps up to three
- 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony — 504 square feet, sleeps up to six
- Owner's Suite with Large Balcony — 824 square feet, sleeps up to four
- Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony — 1,307 square feet, sleeps up to six
- 3-Bedroom Garden Villa — 6,694 square feet, sleeps up to eight
Cruising with a Group
If you're traveling with a larger group of people, you may not be able to find a stateroom that can accommodate everyone. The largest stateroom available is the 3-Bedroom Garden Villa in The Haven, which sleeps eight at most. Fortunately, connecting rooms are available. You may prefer this option even if your party could technically fit in a single stateroom. Connecting rooms allow you to stay conveniently close by without having to squeeze into the same room.
Comparing prices, capacities, layouts, and amenities will help you choose the perfect cabin size for your cruise.